Rape Defense Attorney in Quincy
We Proudly Defend the Rights of the Accused. Contact Us Today at (781) 808-3346
Are you facing rape charges? If so, we strongly advise you to retain the immediate representation of Flanagan & Associates.
With our extensive experience and track record, you can be confident in our ability to aggressively defend your rights and safeguard your future. Do not hesitate to get in touch with our experienced criminal defense lawyer!
We know how to defend your rights and fight your rape charges. Schedule your free case evaluation today by calling (781) 808-3346.
Why Should You Entrust Your Case to Flanagan & Associates?
- We offer free confidential case evaluations
- We have an extensive track record of success
- Our lead attorney is a former private investigator
- We are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
- We were awarded Clients Choice Avvo Award in 2014
- We have a Superb Avvo Rating for both DUI and Criminal Defense
Understand Your Rights & Legal Options
If you are accused of committing rape, you have the potential of facing some serious penalties.
Rape is defined as forcing a person to have sexual intercourse, including unnatural sexual intercourse, against his or her will, according to the state's General Laws Chapter 265, §22.
This could occur through physical force or by compelling someone by using threat of bodily injury. Besides facing possible prison time, those accused of rape also have to deal with a marred reputation.
Those who are facing possible rape charges need to take immediate action by contacting a skilled Quincy criminal defense lawyer who can aggressively fight to have your charges reduced or dismissed.
Penalties for Rape Convictions
Individuals convicted of rape could face multiple years or even life in prison, depending on the circumstances of the case.
- An initial rape conviction could result in a state prison term of up to 20 years.
- Those convicted of second rape offenses or subsequent offenses could face any number of years in prison with sentences that can extend as high as a life term.
- Convictions for armed rape offenses could be punished by prison terms of 10 years or more, while convictions for second or subsequent armed rape could result in prison terms ranging from 15 years to life.
- Those accused of raping children who are under the age of 16 are also at risk of receiving life in prison, though the sentence could be set for any number of years.
If an offender is serving a sentence for a second or subsequent rape offense, that individual must serve two-thirds of his or her minimum term before being eligible for furlough, temporary release or certain programs that take place outside of the correctional facility.
In child rape cases, offenders who have been previously convicted and are found guilty of rape must complete 20 years of their terms before being eligible for these privileges, along with the privileges of probation, parole and sentence deductions.
Why Hire an Attorney?
Being arrested, charged or tried for an alleged rape can be an extremely stressful experience. If you are in this situation, you will need the support of a legal professional to guide you through it.
A Quincy criminal defense attorney can help you dissect the facts of your case and build a defense that could potentially reduce your chances of conviction or your possible sentence. Our knowledgeable attorneys can provide you with the aggressive representation you need.
The moment you secure the representation of our firm, we will work to make you feel at ease amidst this difficult and trying time. In order to do so, we will review your case and inform you of your rights and legal options.
Our legal team will investigate the facts of your case and identify important details that might improve your chances of achieving a favorable outcome. Make the smart choice – contact Flanagan & Associates today!
Begin building your defense today. Request your complimentary case evaluation.
The Stories that MatterClient Reviews
“Dave cares about every client and will cut no corners to get you what you deserve!”- Richard
“They are trustworthy and will keep your best interests in mind at all times.”- Kevin
“Dave and his team are the best. When it comes to people you want in your corner during the hardest times, they are exactly that.”- Joe