Quincy Drug Crime Attorney
Charged with a Drug Crime in Norfolk County? Call (781) 808-3346 Today!
If you have been charged with a drug-related crime in in Hingham, Plymouth, Weymouth or its surrounding areas, you will need an effective, aggressive, and strategic defense attorney on your side. At Flanagan & Associates, our Quincy drug crime lawyer is backed by over 15 years of legal experience. We largely protect individuals faced with all types of drug crime charges and will fight tirelessly in order to defend your rights.
As a former private investigator, Attorney Dave Flanagan understands how the police, the prosecution, and the opposition works. With his unique insight on your side, he can often craft strategic defenses that can help protect your future for the long-term.
Discuss the details of your case in a FREE consultation today. We are available 24/7.
Common Drug Offenses in Massachusetts
A drug-related crime is considered a great offense and that includes any illegal activity involving drugs.
Common drug crimes include:
The illegal possession of a blank prescription pad is a suspicious act that often results in legal action. The controlled substances Vicodin, Xanax and Oxycontin are popular prescription drugs that can be used in an unlawful manner.
The Cost for Conviction Is High: Don't Be Forced to Pay.
Drug possession is a very serious crime and the penalties vary in intensity based on extenuating circumstances. Some of these factors include the amount of the drugs, the location, and the type of drug used. The United States Congress set up the Controlled Substances Act in order to make the litigation process easier.
Drug Crime Punishments
Here are different levels of drug crimes with their potential punishments:
Class A Controlled Substances
- Includes: Heroin, Morphine, Ketamine, GHB and Fentanyl
Possession of less than 14 grams can result in up to 2 years of incarceration
and/or a fine of up to $2,000
- And a repeat offense can be 5-15 years and/or a fine of up to $2,500-25,000
- Any amount over 14 grams is charged as trafficking and higher amounts result in stronger penalties
- Selling any amount can result in 2-10 years in prison and a fine of $1,000-10,000
- Fentanyl is much stronger and more deadly than other drugs and can result in up to 20 years in prison for over 10 grams
- Includes Ecstasy, Cocaine, amphetamines (methamphetamine or "meth"), LSD, oxycodone
- Possession can result in up to 2 years of incarceration and/or a fine of up to $2,000
- Trafficking and possession over 14 grams starts at 3-15 years incarcerated and/or a fine of up to $5,000-50,000
- Includes hallucinogens other than LSD (psychedelic mushrooms and mescaline), and prescription mood stabilizers such as Klonopin and Ativan
- Possession can result in 1-year incarceration and/or a fine up to $2,000
This includes marijuana which is actually legal for up to 1 oz (or up to
10 oz in your home), lower level prescription narcotics
- While marijuana is now legal for personal use it is still heavily regulated for selling/trafficking
- Possession can result in 6 months incarceration, loss of driver's license for 1 year, and/or a fine up to $500
- This includes marijuana which is actually legal for up to 1 oz (or up to 10 oz in your home), lower level prescription narcotics
- Include lower level narcotics morphine and codeine
- Possession can result in 6 months incarceration, loss of driver's license for 1 year and/or a fine up to $500
This act includes different types of "schedules" for the purpose of categorizing the drug distribution crime and establishing penalties for each category. Depending on the severity of the crime, you could face up to five years in jail for the possession of marijuana.
Get Your Free Consultation
Arrested for a drug crime? If so, it is important to involve a Quincy drug crime lawyer. You could be in great danger of receiving serious felony charges and monetary penalties. As an experienced Quincy drug crime lawyer, Attorney Flanagan will be active in his search to discover a protocol violation that could be used to dismiss evidence against you. Our firm understands the stress that you are experiencing during this difficult time.
Begin building your defense today. Schedule a complimentary consultation!
“Dave cares about every client and will cut no corners to get you what you deserve!”- Richard
“They are trustworthy and will keep your best interests in mind at all times.”- Kevin
“Dave and his team are the best. When it comes to people you want in your corner during the hardest times, they are exactly that.”- Joe