We Will Travel to You | Available 24/7 - Phone & Video Consultations | Office in Weymouth, MA
Start Your Free Consultation Now
Criminal Defense FAQs Aggressive, Fearless & Well-Prepared

Frequently Asked Questions

Representation in Quincy, Massachusetts

Many people facing criminal accusations have the tendency to feel confused and frustrated about their futures. In the event of an arrest, it is important that you retain the legal representation of a dedicated Quincy criminal defense lawyer. Attorney Dave Flanagan has years of experience in providing favorable outcomes to those facing criminal charges.

Read through some of the most commonly asked questions regarding criminal defense below and if you still find that you are seeking an answer, do not hesitate to contact Flanagan & Associates today. We are available 24/7 to take your calls and provide you with the information you require.

Will this go on my permanent record?

If you are found guilty of a crime, you may be facing harsh penalties. If your crime was a violent crime, a OUI or a sex offense, there is a good chance that this will stay on your record permanently. A permanent record will be available for all potential employers, bank lenders and educators to see.

Will I have to go to jail?

After an arrest for a crime, there is a good probability that you will be required to spend some time in jail. If you are able to post bail, you can leave jail until your appointed court date. If you are found guilty of a serious offense, however, you may be required to serve a portion of your sentencing in a jail or prison. Always obtain a qualified criminal lawyer to come to your defense. We can work to negotiate an amicable solution and help keep you either out of jail entirely or at least help reduce your sentence.

Do I have to speak with an arresting officer?

No! One of the most important things to remember during an arrest is that you do not have to speak with an arresting officer. In fact, even if you have begun to answer questions, you can stop at any time and request the presence of an attorney. We strongly recommend that you remain silent so as not to incriminate yourself before your lawyer is present to speak on your behalf.

What are my rights?

If you are arrested, you should know your legal privileges. You have the right to remain silent and not speak with an officer and you have the right to an attorney. It is highly recommended that you exercise each of these rights. They are known as Miranda Rights and it is required that they be read to you during an arrest.

Should I enter a plea bargain?

When you have been arrested, it is important that you work with a criminal lawyer who can help you determine the best course of legal action to take to help ensure that you receive a positive verdict. In some cases, a plea bargain may be entered into to help reduce sentencing or have the charges dropped against you. Only an attorney can really help you determine what the best course of action will be for your situation.

Do I have to consent to a search?

When you are arrested, some officers will try to get you to give verbal permission to allow them to search your vehicle, home or property. You do not have to consent to a search without a warrant. It is important to practice your rights, remain silent and request the presence of an attorney or ask the officers to return with a court-authorized search warrant.

What do I do if I was not read my Miranda rights?

If you are not read your Miranda Rights during an arrest, this does not mean that your case will automatically be thrown out – but it can give you a strong defense. If you were not read your rights, you need to contact a legal representative right away who can help develop a case for your charges.

If I am found guilty of drunk driving, will I lose my license?

Yes, in the state of Massachusetts, if you are found guilty of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you will lose your license for an extended period of time.

Depending on the circumstances of the arrest and if you are a first-time offender or a repeat offender, you may lose your license anywhere between one year and eight years with the requirement of a hardship license to operate any motorized vehicle. To properly defend yourself against this type of consequence, be sure to attain a knowledgeable and practiced legal advocate to come to your defense.

Can I fight a restraining order?

Yes, if you have been issued a restraining order, you may be able to contest it. With the assistance of an attorney, you can pursue the necessary steps to contest the order. It is important that you contact Flanagan & Associates right away to learn about the options available to you.

Does your office take clients from my area?

Yes; we have multiple office locations throughout the greater eastern Massachusetts area and can assist anyone with a legal issue in this area. Some of these areas include: Hingham, Braintree, Plymouth and Weymouth.

Working a Quincy Criminal Defense Attorney

Are you ready to move forward with your case? Do not hesitate to contact Flanagan & Associates right away.

At our firm, we will aggressively pursue the best possible outcome for your situation and work to ensure that you reach a desired agreement in a swift amount of time. Any further questions can be directed to our criminal defense attorney by contacting my office today and requesting a free case evaluation today.

The Stories that Matter

Client Reviews
  • “Dave cares about every client and will cut no corners to get you what you deserve!”

    - Richard
  • “They are trustworthy and will keep your best interests in mind at all times.”

    - Kevin
  • “Dave and his team are the best. When it comes to people you want in your corner during the hardest times, they are exactly that.”

    - Joe

Speak with an Attorney Now by Calling (781) 332-4344

Serving the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.